Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Breast reduction surgery

I have wanted a breast reduction for almost as long as I can remember. The new blog I added to my sidebar is a chronicle of someone on my mommy board who has had a reduction. I am watching with fascination.

I do not understand why anyone would want to have breasts this big. They've sagged since I was about 15. When I was in high school, I never had a properly fitting bra because they just didn't sell them that big in stores. They still don't, but at least now I have the internet. They get in the way. I have actually burned a breast trying to reach something and bumping a hot skillet. My back hurts ALL. THE. TIME. If I sleep on my back, I wake up with my chest wall hurting from the weight. Women who get implants larger than a D cup are insane, IMO.

So, since we are sure we are done having kidlets, I am done with the boobs. When we get back from vacation, I will make an appoint to see my gyn and see if she will give me a referral to a surgeon. I do think it is going to be about 6 months before I can have it done because I think they say 6+ months out from weaning, and that has only been about 2 months for me. And, I would like to lose about 30 more lbs before having it done. I'd hate to have it done and then lose the weight and end up with them saggy again.


Do you know the huge irony of a breast reduction, though? You get implants. ROFL They use the implants to hoist the breast back up where it belongs. How funny is that? You want smaller boobs and have to get implants to get them.

2 comments:

AutumnZ said...

I have thought long and hard about augmentation for myself. I don't mind being an A cup. But I very much mind being a saggy A cup. They were so perky before breastfeeding.

But I am pretty sure that I have decided against it. Because if I got my boobs fixed, I'd need to get my ass fixed. And then I'd get my arms sculpted. And then by belly where I droop over my C section scar. And then I'd go ahead and get my forehead smoothed. And the varicose veins removed from my legs. In other words, I'd have the body I had when I was 17. Isn't youth truly wasted on the young?

Mine would be total vanity. Yours is different. I don't blame you at all. I can't even wrap my mind around pain from the presence of my tits :-)

Amanda said...

Tummy tuck. Yeah, that's on the list, too. lol I hate the flab over the c-section scar and the extra skin from being fat and pregnant with twins and then a 10+ lbs baby.

But insurance will usually cover the reduction and not the tummy tuck, so who knows if I will ever get the tummy tuck.