Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It makes me all verklempt

Ok really, some of you will think I am crazy. But, I have this little fantasy of the perfect Christmas morning. In my fantasy, there is a little bit of snow on the ground, but that really is cuh-raze-eee because this is the South and there ain't no such thing as a white Christmas here. I've seen one in my 33 yrs, and that was ice, not snow.

But anyway, my fantasy. In my fantasy, we tell Ellie and Emma to look outside, and there is my friend D holding a horse for them. Maybe they have a box to open with a saddle and bridle in it, something to drag out the moment. But the doorbell rings and they look out and there is a horse for them. I can just see the looks of awe on their faces. Hell, I can see the look of awe on my face. I fucking cry like real live tears just thinking about it. I want to do this for my girls more than anything else in the world. I want to do this for them as badly as I've wanted just about anything, except for my children themselves.

I want do to this so badly for them that I ache with the desire. Crazy? Probably. Maybe it's because the one thing I wanted more than anything else as a kid was a horse and I never got one. Honestly, so far as I know, my parents never even gave it serious thought. But, I still want that horse, and now my girls are as horse crazy as I am and I want to do this for them.

Today the ache is even worse, because my friend D has made me an offer on board that has me going "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! We can afford that!" *swoons dead away*

So. My thoughts have turned to horses and I'm searching Craigslist, Kijiji and Dream Horse like fucking mad. Now, I'm really not getting my hopes up too high. Just dreaming. But there will be discussions in our house tonight and grandparents called soon to see about contributing for Christmas, maybe. Maybe.

If this is not meant to be this year, it's not meant to be. But I swear by all the gods and goddess that one day I will be posting to this blog that finally, finally, finally, I'm buying a horse for the girls and I. One day. I swear it.

1 comment:

Maximus said...

Not to be the Debbie Downer, because I feel you, I really do :P but make sure you and your friend make this board agreement in writing, and make sure you can afford an increase, because hay is going to skyrocket this winter.

Board and buying the horse were the cheap parts, it's the 300 dollar vet bill for a colic episode that turned out to be gas or the mystery lameness that keeps you from riding for weeks on end, and such that are the bummer.LOL

and I am dead serious when I say this, but every horse coming through my barn that has come from craigslist has had some serious issues, be they mental or physical, so buyer beware and all.