Friday, November 13, 2009

Autumn is for Apples


We eat tons of apples in our house. Quick, healthy, yummy snacks. Apple pancakes. Apple crumble. Fried apples. You name it, we probably like it. Ellie likes Granny Smiths, Emma likes Galas, Sam like Yellow Delicious and Galas. I like them all, but my absolute favorite is the elusive Honey Crisp. It is apple perfection. Crispy, juicy, sweet and crunchy. Not mealy or mushy or tart or dry. Honey Crisp apples are the greatest apple ever. And apparently the growers know it because it is rare to find them for less than $4 a lb. I won't buy them at that price, but last week Target had them in a 4lb box for $5. Heaven. I ate one on the way home and another once I got home. We'd eaten most of the box in less than 24 hrs. A box of Honey Crisp apples is better than a bowl of candy any day.

3 comments:

abo-bder said...



شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالرياض




harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ufa88kh said...

I liked your website so much. I am also providing same content like this. If you want to read, just visit my website
wordpress
ufa88kh.blogspot
youtube
online poker