Monday, December 03, 2007

Deck the halls and all that crap

My house is all decorated for the holidays. I have a couple of things left to do, but really, the halls are decked with plenty of holly, and bows and greenery and stuff. As I was finishing up the the arrangement on the dining room table, I wondered why I go to all the trouble. Why not just throw up a tree and some lights outside and be done with it? No one is likely to see it but us. I spent days decorating just for us. When Christmas is over, I'll have to spend days taking it down, and its likely no one will have seen it but us.

Speaking of decorating, it think I'm going overboard on trees. We have 5, count them 5, Christmas trees this year. We have the big one in the living room. A 4 ft one in the den with the kids' ornaments from school and stuff (mil gave us this one. It was left over from her kindy teaching days.) The girls have a 2ft purple princess tree in their room. There is a 2 ft tree that I put in the kitchen, left over from my single, tiny apartment days. And lastly, a 1 ft felt one on the coffee table for Sam to play with. 5 trees. All decorated. Only the felt one doesn't have lights. The manwhore says we have a Christmas tree forest.

3 comments:

AutumnZ said...

We also have 5. The big one in the LR, the kids each have a 2 foot tree and there are two foot trees on either side of the front door (outside). Though the outside ones only have lights, no ornaments.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy enough to have 5 Christmas trees.

Jennifer said...

my halls are all decked also, finally. Hanging Christmas lights outside is not fun by yourself with a two year old running around, btw! lol. I am sure your house is beautiful. . take some pics and post them on here so you wont have to enjoy it alone!