Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Christmas lights are sucking the joy of the season right out of me.

Fucking things. How is it that you can pack away Christmas lights at the end of the season and they all work just fine, then take them back out the next year and they not work? We have a pre-lit tree, that we bought last year, so it's only been used one season. Got it out and set it up on Mon night and I have three branches that won't light. We can't find a burned out bulb and replaced fuses and nothing has helped. Fucker.
And I have a bunch of pre-lit garlands for the front porch and one of them quit working this year. Same deal, no burned out bulbs or blown fuses, just won't work. At least they are several years old and not new.

2 comments:

AutumnZ said...

I am going to be in your neck of the woods tonight to see Nickel Creek. How far are you from Murfreesboro?

Jennifer said...

Ugh. . I agree. . I decided to take one of mom's prelit trees so I wouldnt have to deal with lights this year.. I get the damn thing up and half the freaking bottom of it doesnt work. I am sure as hell not in the mood to figure out why, so I just put up my old tree (which is actually prettier anyway) .. and today I will string lights. . ha ha. Ahhh the Joys of the Holidays! Brandon comes home in 18 days!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!