Monday, November 12, 2007

I hate bunk beds.

My girls have bunk beds because they have a rather small bedroom. I've seen smaller. I had a friend in elementary school whose room was so small you could barely walk around the bed. But still, their room isn't exactly large. Two twin beds side by side would leave them with no floor space and no where to put a dresser. I'm not organized enough to deal with socks and undies and stuff in the closet, and I think they need room to play in their room, so bunk beds it is.

The beds were a birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa, and I'm sad to say that I hate them. Not because there is anything wrong with them, but because they are bunk beds. Em sleeps on bottom and hers is the easiest to make up, but you risk busting your head every time you lean over. El is on top and the only way to make her bed to just climb up there and pull and tug the mattress pad and sheets down while sitting on the mattress. Not the easiest feat in the world. And, because her bunk has rails to keep her from falling out, there is no way to actually make the bed, as in have the quilt all smooth and all, because the quilt can't hang over the edge. The only easy part about El's bed is that she hates the top sheet, so I just don't put it on. When I did, it stayed a lumped up.

I cannot wait until we have a house big enough to unstack those damned beds and they are finally easy to make up.

2 comments:

AutumnZ said...

Well, hell baby. Just quit making the damned beds! Problem solved.

Amanda said...

I'm not even talking about making them up (that encourages dust mites lol) I'm just talking about getting the sheets on them. I'm usually sweating like a whore by the time I get Ellie's done. It might be that it's such a pita I only wash her sheets about once a month.