Sunday, November 11, 2007

I get to play with a pony!

Yay me! I'm going to get my horse fix multiple times a week for a good long while. The lady that teaches my kids' riding lessons has worked out a deal where she is getting a miniature horse, but the horse is only 2 yrs old and was basically stuck in a pasture and ignored. She needs lots of work. So, I told De that I would come and work with Knee High (the horse) at least 2x a week when the kidlets are all occupied. De is over the moon about it, and is going to work with her horse at the same time and going to teach me Parelli horsemanship (attachment parenting for horses). So, by the time the girls are ready for their own horse, I will know Parelli and hopefully they will know at least the basics.

I'm sold on Parelli because I have never been around horses that are as polite and mannerly and just generally like and trust people as the horses on De's farm, and I've taken riding lessons myself as a teen.

Apparently Knee High thinks she is a dog, though, because she likes to jump up on you. Eek!

1 comment:

AutumnZ said...

Lina's BFF's mom is all about some Parelli. Y'all need to hook up! And Lina went to a Parelli horse camp this past June.

Are you and yours coming to my party? I need to know how much to cook.