Sunday, March 09, 2008

Ok, Seriously

I don't think I can take much more. I'm am just about ready to melt down into a puddle on the floor. To recap, my in-laws hate me, we've had 2 funerals this past week, right?

Add to that, we applied to the local charter/magnate school for El and Em, and they didn't get in. WTF? I'm not saying I think my kids are all RARE and special, but they've done most of a year of kindy readiness, which is basically like kindergarten. They should have been ahead of the typical 4 yr old kid applying for kindy at the charter school, unless the typical 4 yr old is a genius or something. So, now I'm worried that something is going on with them that I'm not seeing. I mean, one of them is freaking reading, and the other one is starting to. What more does the damned school want?

And apparently I'm more upset about it than I realized because I had a dream last night that I actually went to the school and was stalking the teachers that did the screenings to find out what El and Em's scores were and why they didn't get it. lol

Adding yet more, my friend D that boards horses told me yesterday that Reno's owner doesn't think I can handle him, and she isn't sure she wants me working with/riding him. This one got me the most. I was crying about it last night when I went to bed. I've been so freaking excited about Reno, and it just felt like a slap in the face. I think D must have told her I don't have a lot of experience riding, which I don't, and know she's worried I'm going to mess her horse up or something. Supposedly he's spooky and she's worried I'll fall off or something.

But, he's her horse, not mine, so if she doesn't want my riding him, I won't. But I'm not paying for his farrier and worming, either.

And, I have a phone appointment with an editor from Harlequin on Wed. I'm not sure I can handle anything else right now.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Step back and take a breath. Things will be fine. You are a strong woman and you can handle whatever is thrown at you. As far as em and el not getting into that school, I am sure it has nothing to do with how smart they are, it is probably a politics thing. Those things usually are. You have to know someone that knows someone to get anything in life. Life is shitty in that way. I am sure some kids that are half as smart as the girls will get in just because their parents know someone. Dont worry about it. No matter where those girls go to school they will shine, I have no doubt about that.

As far as the in laws go, I feel you on this one. I have learned that it is just better not to care what they think. Dont waste your energy on their immaturity. I know it sucks having to decide how important it is for your kids to have a relationship with them, but it will work out for the best either way. As hard as it is, just let it go in one ear and out the other, spend as little time with them as possible, and be better than them and dont let their pettiness get to you.

The stupid horse lady can kiss your ass. There are plenty of horses out their for you to ride and if she thinks her horse is too good for you then screw her.

You will do good with the editor, dont sweat it until you have something to sweat about. If she tells you that you suck then you can cry.. lol, but until then just be positive. You'll be fine. And before long I can say "that best selling author is related to me!" LOL.

Hang in there and de-stress. Even though there is a lot of crappy stuff going on right now, you still have a ton of great things in your life to be happy about! :) Love you!