Monday, March 10, 2008

What rhymes with bit?

We're horrible parents, really. We're going to that special section of parent hell reserved for parents who laugh at stuff they aren't supposed to laugh at.

The girls are working on rhyming words at school and we're practicing them at home. At supper I was giving them a word and they would yell something that rhymed. It went something like this:

Me: "What rhymes with Ellie?"
Them: "Belly! Smelly!"

"What rhymes with door?"
"Floor!"

"What rhymes with bit?" (I just had to go there, didn't I?)
And Emma yells "Shit!"


The manwhore and I cracked up. I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face and I almost fell out of my chair. We're awful, aren't we? I know I shouldn't have laughed, but she was so proud of herself for thinking of a word and yelled it so loud, I was a goner.

I sort of half way hope that she has the opportunity to tell her teacher that shit rhymes with bit, though.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Save us a seat in that parent hell. . because we are on our way too!!! LOL

AutumnZ said...

Us too. Yesterday, Lina and I were watching Charmed on the couch together and Paige got a new Tarot deck. So, Lina said, "Ooh, mama, read my cards, you haven't done it in a while" So I did :-) And this morning she asked Huck "what in the bloody hell is going on?" and I didn't even blink.

Anonymous said...

Gee...can you thank Ron Weasley for Lina's foray into that arena of Harry Potter Speak-ese?

Oh...save me a chair in Hell.

Peach said...

HI. I'm new to your blog and AZ's cousin. I'm right there with you. When my daughter was 3, my parents took her to eat. She picked up a chicken finger, dropped it and announced to everybody in the joint that the damn chicken just burned her damn finger. My mom just laughed and I was impressed that she'd used the word correctly!