Sunday, May 03, 2009

A little poetry for a Sunday afternoon

"Some Wishes for You" by Charles Stephens

I wish for you...The thrill of knowing
Who you are,
Where you stand,
And why.
Especially why.

I wish for you...Not great prosperity, but great dreams;
Not riches, but a sense of your own worth,
These are what I wish for you.

Not even long life - however proud I'd be to have it so -
Instead, I wish for you...A life that is crammed with living,
Hour by hour.

I wish for you...an occasional troubled heart
To know and feel and change the woes and injustice
of a world that keeps you sleepless.

I wish for you...Solitude in the midst of company,
And a mind full of company within your quiet times.

I wish for you...Full todays and full tomorrows.

And love...I do wish for you...a bounty of precious love.
May you have it, and give it away frequently and abundantly.

No comments: