Friday, January 01, 2010

Reflections on a decade

On this first day of 2010, I've been thinking about how much has happened in my life in the last decade and hoping that the next ten years are just as wonderful. Ten years ago, I was newly engaged and trying to finish graduate school and plan a wedding. The wedding was lovely, the master's degree didn't get finished. That's my only real regret in life. But still, I've accomplished so much in the last ten years.

I have gotten married. Bought a house. Given birth to three gorgeous children. Written two books, even if they will never see the light of day again. Adopted pets. Buried pets. Buried a grandparent in law. Made new friends. Celebrated with old friends. Had fights. Made apologies. Gone on vacations. Sunk into depression. Lived life to the fullest.

In other words, I've lived and loved and mostly had a wonderful time doing it. I cherish every memory and hope the next ten years is packed just as full of laughter and life as the last ten years.

Happy 2010 everyone!

1 comment:

AutumnZ said...

10 years really does make difference. I think you are better for the last 10. Not that you weren't fabulous before, of course :-)