Monday, December 18, 2006

Inner Piece

Inner Piece

Well, I've left this a bit neglected, I think. Writing can be such good therapy and I tend to take it out on my mommy message board. They do not appreciate the fine pleasure of being annoyed, even pissed at one's in-laws because they won't do what I want them to do for the holidays. Gasp! The horror that I want to have Xmas at home and not have to pack up and spend 2 days at their house, to be followed by several days with my parents. Sheesh, how unreasonable can I be?

Xmas is a time for family, no doubt about that. And I want to spend it with family, even it means traveling during the day on Xmas day. I think we just haven't forged our own traditions yet, as a family. Dh's grandmother died 3 yrs ago on Xmas day, so before that we always went to her, and well, we just haven't figured it out yet. His parents have a fantasy about how they want to spend Xmas and so do we and they don't always mesh.

I sort of secretly hope that one of them says something this weekend so I can spout off a little.


On the greedy side of things, I know dh hasn't gotten me a present yet. I swear, that man needs a map to shop with. I love him dearly, but he is not a good present buyer. If I don't give him a detailed list of my wants, he falls back to jewelry, which is ok, but I really don't need anymore. And I like pearls and he buys diamonds.

I have to go bake brownies. Why am I such a food snob that I have to bake homemade brownies for dds preschool? Kroger is calling louder by the minute.

No comments: