Thursday, May 29, 2008

Not a fabulous start to the summer

I broke my toe yesterday. Or rather, Sam did, since he knocked the stool over that landed on my toe. It's the big one, and I swear to god that it hurt as bad as my post c-section morphine pump not working pain for the first two hours or so. Being my big toe and since it hurt so fucking badly, I made the manwhore come home and drive me to the ER for an X-Ray. Mostly I was concerned that it might have been crushed or something horrible. But no, just a tiny fracture in the bone at the end of my toe.

Tiny, uh? I swear, I never, ever want myself or anyone I love to experience a real broken bone, because I don't think I could handle it. I was sobbing over a broken toe, so I can't imagine what I would do with a real broken bone.

But anyway, they gave me a dose of lortab and sent me on my way. It took it nearly two hours before I noticed a difference in the level of pain, although I was definitely sleepy. So, I conked out for a few hours and woke up to an only sore toe. Much better.

This morning is it mostly just sore and I'm just taking advil as needed. But, I doubt I could get my riding boots on for a few days, at least, so no riding for me this week. Damn it.

2 comments:

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Broke a pinky toe by dropping a cinder block on it once. I had a physical job that involved walking at the time and when I called in sick they fired me. I was so sad (not). I had to tape it to the toe beside it to keep it from knocking on stuff.

Jody W.

AutumnZ said...

Eek! Poor you and your toe!

Lina's going to horse camp next week. She went last year, but it still makes me a nervous wreck. Pray with me Forrest!