Sunday, March 08, 2009

Cupcakes and horses


This week was the birthday of the late Dr. Seuss and the girl's school celebrated all week with readings and activities, including making green eggs and ham on Friday. We finished out the week with cupcakes for afternoon snack on Friday. I was asked to bring them and make them as dr. Seuss-ish as possible. So, I did my best to make "Hat" cupcakes from The Cat in the Hat. They were a huge hit.






Adding to our busy week, on Thursday, we finally brought home our new mare, Hopes and Dreams. She has settled into the routine at the barn nicely, although she is still shy about being caught. Hope is completely in love with Ellie, though. And the feeling is mutual. We spent a most of the day there yesterday and I caught her up to brush her and just handle her some. Hope was dancing around a little, totally unsure of what was going on. Ellie came up to the fence and wanted to help me brush. I swear that the minute Hope saw Ellie, she just gave a big sigh and stood stock still. Ellie brushed Hope from head to toe and Hope never moved a muscle.















We went back over today and Hope was clearly delighted to see Ellie. We hung out at the fence for a while and if Ellie walked down the fence, Hope would follow. When Ellie walked away, Hope would snort at her to come back. It is a total love affair between the two of them.








Hope let me kiss all over her face, too, and I'm just in love with her, as well, but I completely realize that Hope likes the girls more than she likes me.




P.S. For any horse people that might read this post, yes, I am quite aware that her feet are horrible. The farrier is coming on Friday, and she will not be ridden before we have clearance from him. Her teeth need floating, too, and that will be done in April when the vet is out.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

aww the cupcakes are really cute. . good job!

And yay for the new horse! :]