Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I don't know! I just don't fucking know the answer!

I swear, I'm going to rip all of my hair out. I can't handle the questions any longer. My children have officially driven me over the edge.
Kid, "What's that?"
Me, driving the car and not admiring the scenery "I don't know, I can't see what you are looking at."
Kid, "But what is it?"
Me, "I don't know. What color is it?"
Kid, "Square."
Me, starting to twitch, "That's not a color. What color is it?"
Kid, "Oh, it's black."
Me, not seeing anything black, "I still don't know what it is because I can't see it. What does it look like?"
Kid, "It looked like a cow."
Me, resists the urge to bang head repeatedly against the steering wheel.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA you just described my life. Don't you love 3 year olds!

Amanda said...

The worst part of it is, it isn't just Sam that does this. Emma seems to be totally lacking in the common sense department. Last night, we had dinner at the new Cheddar's here in town and the waitress dropped her's and Sam's food. She must have asked me half a dozen times why the waitress dropped her food, where her hamburger was, how much longer it was going to be, etc. After telling her several times that accidents happen, they're making her a new burger, I was ready to scream "I don't know!"
It didn't help any that I was getting more and more pissed at the bad experience we were having.

Jennifer said...

hahaha. geeze that sucks that you guys had such a bad experience (I saw your thing on FB). . I would totally commit some kind of genocide if I had two of them doing that.. lol. I find myself screaming "because I don't know!!" every single day these days :[

Jennifer said...

Oh yeah. . and I got the big question yesterday "Mommy what is Sex??" AHHHHHHHH. . . she is only 3!!! Damn TV