Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The learning curve may be steep, but I finally figured it out!

It is beautiful and sunny out today. The temp is 73* according to the weather dohicky on the computer. We didn't even come back upstairs after breakfast, just went out and played until lunchtime. A late lunchtime, at that.

We played outside all day yesterday, too. The kids were all asleep by 8:30. I think El was out before 8pm. Yeah! Maybe they'll crash early tonight, too.

While we were out yesterday, I finally got out the multi-piece playhut structure the kids got for Xmas. I've been dreading getting this thing out because it is about 10 pieces of those pop up, spring steel play house things. The kid you have to fold and curse and hold your mouth just right to get back closed again. We have 2 of these things already, and thanks to my inability to figure out how to close them, one of them got ripped when the manwhore tossed something on top of it in the garage.

Today, though, I had to close up all the ones I opened yesterday because the wind is blowing, and god knows those things are like a fucking parachute and the slightest wind sends them flying. The good news is that I finally figured out how to close the fucking things back up! Hold your mouth just so and start twisting and voila! They are closed! Yay!


The downside to spending the morning playing hard is that all of the kiddos are overtired and over cranky. I have declared it is naptime, even if they don't sleep.


And for those of you keeping track, I've decided I'm not pregnant. Aunt Flo is still lighter than normal, but definitely a red flow. Too much to be implantation spotting.

1 comment:

AutumnZ said...

Hooray for Aunt Flo!

And yes, today is gorgeous. My bairns are outside jumping on the trampoline as I type.