Saturday, September 20, 2008

Just call me Sarah Palin

Just this morning, I was elected VP of my local RWA (writer's group). I volunteered for the job, but really I didn't have a clue what the VP actually does. Sound like someone else you've heard of?

So, I now know that I will be responsible for organizing the meetings for the next two years. Eek. But, I don't know anyone, or have any contacts. Again, sound familiar?

I don't really have any experience sitting on a board of officers, either. Bell? Ringing?

Thank god being the VP of a writer's group is so much less important than being the VP of a nation. And the learning curve is a little easier. I know people that know people. Experience isn't that critical here. People will give me ideas.

As a matter of fact, I have an entire page of ideas for future meeting that I brainstormed with group members at lunch. So, I think I can pull off this gig. And unlike Sarah Palin, if my President happens to drop dead (fortunately she isn't some old guy with a bad health history) I won't have to step up. I don't think. Maybe I should find out.

Makes me wonder why people voted for me. Oh yeah, I was the only one that volunteered (well, someone else did, too, but she was happy to throw the ball to me when she found out I was interested). Thank god the American voters have other choices.

2 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

Um, yep, you'd have to step up. :) Hopefully Monica isn't going anywhere though.

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Why in the world would I call you ugly and inappropriate names when you stepped up for VP? Maybe if you'd refused.... :)