Friday, September 12, 2008

Sometimes a good day goes bad

Or at least irritating. Yesterday started off nice. The manwhore took a mental health day and stayed home. He took the girls to school then we took the boy to school and headed to Target. Nothing's better than a little Target shopping without any kids. Home for some marital bonding, lunch out, and then I was off to get the kids while he mowed the grass.

This is where it went downhill. First, I got flipped off while driving. But hey, asshole, don't get pissy if you sit through two changes of the fucking traffic light and someone honks at you. You got car troubles? Put on the damned hazard lights or wave people around you. I'm not psychic, so how am I supposed to know that you can't go, especially after you did actually drive your car up to the line? Hm? Up yours, too, asshole.

Then, after giggling over being flipped off (it was funny, in an indignant, I can't believe you did that, asshole, kind of way), I arrived at the girls' school. We pull into the line and Sam was wanting stuff out of his lunch box. So, I get out, open his door and I'm giving him stuff. I notice that there is a bunch of crap in the girls' way, so I started trying to clean up the van some. I opened the door on the other side and went around to move some more stuff. As I was going around, one of our stainless steel Thermos water bottles fell out. And woudn't you know, we were right next to the fucking storm drain and the damned thing rolled into it before I could catch it? I could se I couldn't reach it with just my arms, so I cursed mightly but quietly (lest Sam repeat something at his overly god infused preschool) and got back in the van.

Feeling foolish but determined, I got the girls, came home and sent the rest of them swimming. I grabbed the grill tongs and went back to the school to see if I could get the water bottle. No luck. The opening in the grate wasn't big enough for me to get my arm in and the drain is deeper than I realized.

My friend with the horse farm has a magnet on a pole that she loaned me, so I'm going to go early to pick up the kids (when hopefully no one else will be there to watch) and see if I can get it with that.

This is what I get for trying to save the damned environment and buying $15 fucking water bottles.

Sigh. (But the day got better when I got to ride for a bit last night!).

No comments: