Friday, February 27, 2009

Birthday cake for breakfast

Mmm-hmmmm! I had cake for breakfast this morning. After all, it's my birthday, so why not? We celebrated some last night because I am leaving in a few hours to go on a writer's retreat for the weekend. Poor me, having to spend most of my birthday away from my family. I'm so distraught. Just ignore the completely packed suitcase in the background.

I have to admit, I'm not used to eating tons of sugar first thing in the morning, and I feel a little sick after the sugar rush from all that icing.

On a totally depressing note, one of the other horses at our barn died this morning. She was colicing yesterday, but they thought she wasn't that bad. D hauled her to the vet for the owner, and the vet thought she just needed fluids and some red blood cells and pain relief. Ruby's condition deteriorated during the night and she was in extreme pain that couldn't be controlled, so the decision was made to put her down. D was distraught when she called this morning since she was the one who cared for her on a daily basis.

A bad month for the barn.

1 comment:

AutumnZ said...

I hope it is a great one!