Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Small update

So, we've got an appointment to take Maggie to the vet. It's not until next week, though. Such is the thing when you deal with a large equine hospital. She's safe enough for the time being. She has been separated from the other horses to protect the other owners and D. I went to see her briefly today and cried all the way home. This on top of crying all evening yesterday.

The vet has said that the only thing he can think of that could cause this kind of behavior is an ovarian tumor. The fix is surgery. There is the slight chance (based on my own research) that it could be an ulcer or hypothyroidism. Of the three, well, I don't know what to hope for.

There is the chance that they won't be able to find anything wrong with her. This I am not hoping for, because then she is just a dangerous horse and we could be faced with the prospect of having her put down. I would not sell her knowing that she is dangerous. Even if the person I sold her to could handle her, there is nothing to prevent that person from selling her to someone with kids and someone could be hurt or killed. I won't take that chance.

Keep your fingers crossed for us.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

:[ That really sucks. . no matter what the outcome it is going to suck! Surgery will be expensive and if they don't find anything I know you will be devastated if you have to put her down!

Hoping for the best! :]