Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm finally styling up my house.

Well, maybe. Slowly anyway. lol

I spent the entire weekend painting my kitchen. The house was built in '94, we've been in it since '01 and it still had the white contractor paint in the kitchen. It was pretty nasty. I mean, between the chocolate milk splashed on the wall (that was the last straw, btw) to the time the cat had a head wound and rubbed blood on the wall (barf! and it wouldn't wash off) and just general dirt, it was bad. So, one coat of Kilz as a primer, a coat of Capri Cream on top and a coat of Butter on the bottom and it's loverly. I still have to do the trim work, which I will try to work on today, but that should go pretty fast.

Now, I just have to put everything back where it goes. But I love the yellow. It makes it so bright and cheery. I hope if we ever sell this house that the buyers like yellow, though. 2 of the 3 bedrooms are yellow, the den is yellow, and now the kitchen is yellow. And I'll probably paint the downstairs bath yellow, as I have a shitload of paint left over. I totally overestimated how much paint I would need. I could have done a half gallon in each color, but bought gallons. So now I have half a gallon of Capri Cream and 3/4 of a gallon of Butter.

Now we just have to replace the blinds, because they were all kinds of nasty and I'm not into washing blinds.

Projects left to do:
strip wallpaper and paint my bathroom
strip a border and paint the downstairs bath
strip paper and border and paint the dining room and living room (huge, horrible pink roses)
paint the hall, the foyer (18 ft ceilings :crybaby) and what will be Sam's room
finish the painted border in the den that I started 5 yrs ago and the manwhore made me stop working on when I was pg
put up crown moulding

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! The joys of home ownership. The projects never end.

1 comment:

AutumnZ said...

Okay. You either need to come and do all of my schoolwork for me so that I can get back to decorating my house, or you need to leave you house alone and come and do mine.

Ooh, you have just inspired a blog entry. Prepare to be linked!