Monday, February 26, 2007

It's my party!

And it was a blast. Sat night we had a little gathering at my parents' house (since all my friends live much closer to them than to me) and had 5 good friends and my brother's family over to celebrate my birthday. Really, the birthday is just an excuse. I really do it because I want to see my friends. And I've decided that we're going to have more parties over the course of the year.

While I love them all, I think the best part was the fact that I actually picked up the phone and called one of my best friends from high school, whom I don't think I've seen since high school, and she came! She and I are so much alike, and I can't believe that we lost each other for all of those years. But, I'm not going to lose her again. She told me that things were rough for her for several years, and mentioned being abused by her stepfather, and I had no idea. I feel so horrible, like we should have noticed or something and stopped it. But, she seems to be dealing with it in whatever ways one deals with these things. Bless her.

All of us spent the evening catching up, eating too much, and drinking too much. And then my mother pulled out the pictures and we had a walk down memory lane. Much fun was had by all.

These are the people who mean the most in the world to me, minus one couple who couldn't come. Seeing them once a year is just not enough. So, there will definitely be more parties over the course of the year. And I swear I will pick up the phone and call my friend, since the bitch doesn't have a computer. lol

The only down note to the weekend was that the boychild developed a sinus infection. He was starting a fever on Sat and he slept through the party. Sun morning he woke up feverish and was gagging on mucus. He puked up green chunky mucus a couple of times. But, my wonderful pediatrician was willing to call in some zithromax for us and today he is so much better after just one dose.

Also, my manwhore managed to totally shock the shit out of me by giving me a GC to a local day spa in the amount of, are you ready for this?...........$500!!!!! I about fell out of the damned chair. I mean, good hell, $500! I know part of that had to be our tax return. lmao What a way to spend it. But, I'm sure I will enjoy it over the next year as I get massaged or pedicured. What a good manwhore he is. lol



BTW, I really need to learn how to put pictures and shit on this thing.

1 comment:

AutumnZ said...

Yes, it was a great party. And we will have another great party tomorrow! Chris is going to grill pork tenderloin and vegetable kabobs. He will also make his WONDERFUL garlic mashed potatoes. And wine will flow!