Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm ruining the neighbor's notions about me.

So I was told by one of my neighbors this morning. I had already been for a walk and then was out pulling weeds from the flower beds. She told me to go inside and eat some bon bons. lol

In my defense (like I need one), this was the first walk I've taken in months, and I haven't exactly been earning a green thumb with the flower beds. The weeds like me, though.

The girls are off to school, since no one else is puking, and even though I've not been well with a mild case of the stomach yuck and a cold, I want to get off my blubbery ass, so off I went. I realized that I've rather missed exercise. I like the high afterwards.

But good fuck, it was already yucky hot at 7:30 am. I was dripping. And I wasn't even pushing myself hard since I know I'm still a bit sick.

Also, I was dismayed at how fast some of the people were driving through our neighborhood. There are lots of middle schoolers that walk, since the school is less than a mile away, plus exercise walkers. One fuckwad in a BMW severed around another walker and passed so close to me and the Buddy Boy that I could have touched the car. Then he gunned it. So, if your middle school age daughter goes home and tells you about the crazy lady yelling at the car, I offer my apologies. Under the circumstances, I don't think "Hey asshole, slow down!" was too uncalled for.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

whew you are doing way better than me. . I just got in from watering my flowers and I was DRIPPING with sweat. . it is ridiculously HOT!! Another heat avisory today.. I WANT FALL WEATHER!! One of my friends just called and wanted to know if I wanted to stroll bay Street today and look at the shops (since she has visitors in town and doesnt know what all to do . .lol). . but I am dreading that in this heat. . shoot me! I can't force myself to walk in this. blah.. it was 97 the other night at 11:45. .OMG. But I am starting to go to the gym 3 days a week as soon as I get back from Bama. . me and 2 of my (riduiculously fit skinny friends. . LOL) are going to go. . pray they don't kill me!!

DCAja said...

very good & informative!