Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Musings



So, the birthday party was lovely, and we weren't inundated with toys. One giant Barbie horse and carriage was the worst. They love it, though.

We started the day with our first riding lesson, and I was so proud of Emma for deciding to ride. She was worried that the horse was a bit big, and she is, but it's all that's available right now. Belle, the horse, is a total sweetie, though. And frankly, she is more interested in taking a nap than in walking around in circles. The only way the girls could fall off this horse is if the horse falls over asleep.

I hate the aftermath of parties, though. We still haven't managed to get the kitchen completely pulled back together.

Oh! But my lovely sister in law (the manwhore's sister, not my brother's bitch of a wife) told me she thought the cakes were store bought. High praise indeed for my mad cake decorating skills!

Speaking of my slack jawed excuse for a brother and sil, they didn't show, and thus we still haven't seen any money out of them. Assholes.

As for me, I am ready for fall. 104* temps day after day is too much. I want cool mornings with gently warm afternoons. I want the smell of woodsmoke and the crunch of leaves underfoot. I want October's bright blue skies. I'm sick of summer!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww glad the girl's party was good! wish I could've been there. That's great that they are getting riding lessons! Congrats on the cakes. . I wanna see pics! I know what you mean about fall!! Try temps being 108-112 and heat indicies being 118-130. UGH!! Miserable. . we haven't even been able to go to the park in over a month!! Cooler air would be much appreciated!! The lows at night are in the upper 80s and 90s!! Anyway.. sorry about the bro and sil. . jerks! lol

DCAja said...

very good & very nice! 😎👍