Saturday, October 20, 2007

I feel more like a real writer now

I went to my very first Romance Writers of America, Music City Chapter, meeting today. The women there were all very nice, and it was lots of fun. They had someone to give a little talk on using setting in your writing, and lots of chitchat about this and that in their lives and the romance industry. I will definitely be back next month. Eventually, I'll fork over the mulah to join. You have to join the national group as well as the local group, all of which costs about $100, so not this week. You get three free meetings before you have to pay up.

1 comment:

AutumnZ said...

Yay You! The Romance Novelist. That is how I'm going to introduce you from now on. "This is Amanda. We've known each other since we were young, innocent teenagers. I sang at her wedding. She is godmother to my daughter. She is a mom of 3 and a romance novelist." Hits many salient points, don't you think?