Monday, January 21, 2008

Houston, we have poop

Probably entirely TMI for my dear readers, but I am excited in only the way the mother of a diaper wearing child can be excited. So far today, we've had no pee accidents and even, dare I say it? Poop in the potty!

The power of the Thomas the Tank Train bribery toy is awesome. One entire day with no wet undies wins the boy child one Percy playset, complete with train, building and some track. Cost to me, $15. That's like half the price of a case of diapers, or the same price as a pack of pullups (which are merely diapers in another, more expensive form), so if it motivates him to potty train, then it is $15 well spent.

So far, this venture has cost me $10 for another Percy train to get him to actually pee in the potty. Still, I figure that even if this costs me three or four or even five or six train toys and sets, in the long run, it is cheaper than two or three more cases of diapers.


And, love of the train set has prompted not just pee, but poop in the potty as well, so it is money doubly well spent.

We won't mention the fact that two hours later he pooped again, this time in the undies. One poop in the potty is a start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you! Fine for the kid, sure. But let's face it...potty training is mostly gratifying for, and appreciated by the Mom. I had 3 in diapers at the same time and I wanted to just scream many a day. Mine were all late trainers too...one was seven (yes, I said seven) before it was over for good. We still use the goodnights at night for one of the boys...but at least that's his business and not so much mine anymore.

Jennifer said...

YAY for poop! (and pee)