Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I suck, like big time, damn

I was climbing down the bunk bed ladder after tucking El into bed tonight and bumped the shelf on the wall. It fell, ripping the nails out with it (and I didn't even hit it that hard WTF?). On that shelf was their snow globe collection and two little angels someone gave them as babies. All broken, except one snow globe. How it survived, I have no clue.

Their floor is covered with glass, water and glitter, and I can't finish cleaning it until the water dries.

My name is complete and total mud. They cried, I cried. It was a bad night all around.

On a positive note, snow globes can be repaired. For the low, low price of $30 a globe. Two of these things cost less than $2, and one was only about $10. Only one of the big Disney ones is worth even considering having it repaired. But, no one, except maybe Bill Gates, would spend $30 fixing something that cost $2. I just can't, no matter how much they cry.

So, we will be making a trip to some store, some where this weekend to see if we can find some snow globes that will be suitable replacements, without spend a fortune.

And I suck. Really and truly. And I'm still crying. Dammit all to hell.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think we got them snow globes for Christmas once. . a Beauty and the Beast one and something else. . am I imagining this? LOL. That really sucks for them, but that's life. . what can ya do? Poor things! Poor you for having to clean up that mess!!

AutumnZ said...

Just go on and say it. Look into the mirror and say "My name is Amanda and I suck sideways as a mom".

Come on honey. It's not like you broke them on purpose to punish them or something. Then you would be evil. You were climbing down off a bunk bed. Only good moms climb bunk bed ladders to tuck in their children. :-)

Amanda said...

Jennifer, you did. It was Beauty and the Beast and the other one was Sleeping Beauty and her Prince. Sleeping Beauty is the one that survived.