Wednesday, January 09, 2008

This is why I take my calcium

Yesterday, it was warm and very windy. I've been cleaning house like mad, including washing pillows and suck, because El is sick, yet again. With it warm and windy, I decided it would be a good day to save some electricity and hang towels and quilts and stuff on the clothes line. Well, warm and windy in Jan in the South means eventually it will rain and probably storm. It finally started to rain while I was cooking supper and since I still had things on the line, I went running after them. On the way back in the house with an armload of wet blankets, my wet shoe met wet linoleum, and I went flying. I slammed into the counter and then into the floor and landed on a pile of wet laundry. Whilst laying there contemplating the possibility of broken parts of me, Em comes up and hops in her chair at the table and asks "Is supper ready yet?"
Supper was not ready yet, and after deciding nothing was seriously injured, I drug my aching self off the floor and finished. I ached all over for the rest of the evening, but today I don't seem to have any injuries other than a bruise on my leg where it hit the track for the sliding door.

And my oh so thoughtful manwhore didn't bother to offer to help me up, and never asked me if I was ok, and throughout the evening afterwards never asked how I was feeling. His only comment was "I guess we won't be having sex tonight?" Um, no asshole, we won't and maybe not again this week or next week. Bitch.

As for El, the rapid strep test was neg, and the pediatrician thinks there is a good chance she has mono. As in, the kissing disease that teenagers usually spread around like wildfire. WTF? Obviously it spreads in other ways besides kissing, but still. The ped says that it is much easier on little kids than teens or adults, so that is good. If she's still running fever by Fri, we can take her back in to draw blood to check, as it was too soon to do so on Mon. We only need to know for sure because she rides horses and can't risk a fall when her spleen might be enlarged, which usually happens with mono. Whoopee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found you through AZ. You're making me laugh...not at you but because that totally sounds like home. Not the sex part...my man knows better and I do own a cast iron frying pan that swings easily in my grasp.

Amanda said...

I have a cast iron skillet, too. lol

AutumnZ said...

I laughed so hard. I can just picture the manwhore wondering about sex.

Are you okay? Other than the bruise. Sorry. I'm not supposed to admit it but I am also laughing picturing you on the floor with your child above you asking for supper.

Amanda said...

I laughed, too, later. And everytime I tell about it, I laugh. Falling down is funny, later. Add in the kid, and it is really funny.

And I am all right, although I have been sore across my lower back.

But would you believe I was wearing my Crocs to the grocery store, in the rain, and slipped on a brick sidewalk and twisted my mother fucking ankle? I've decided that the Crocs cannot be worn in the wet any more.