Sunday, January 27, 2008

We don't beat our kids, really

Em is sporting a lovely shiner this morning, thanks to her idjit daddy. He was pulling a computer keyboard of out the desk and it was hung on something. Any intelligent person would have reached in and freed the cord by hand, but instead, he had to yank the entire keyboard. The cord came loose and the keyboard went flying, right into Em's face. One swollen nose, one cut, one very black eye, including a bruise on her actually eyeball.


I missed the entire incident, but Em assures me that daddy snuggled her (I cried on his shirt, she says) and he put an ice pack on it, so he felt appropriately parentally guilty. Which is good, because I want to paste him one for giving my bay-bay a black eye. Good thing I love the big lunk.

I keep debating sending her teacher an email, just because when asked, both girls usually say something like "Daddy threw the keyboard and it hit her!" Teacher is going to think the manwhore just randomly tossed computer parts around or something. lol

I was off at my friend D's house when the incident occurred. She is suffering from a stomach virus this weekend, which sucks anytime, but sucks donkey balls when you are single and don't have a spouse to send to the store for gingerale and saltines. It sucks even more when you have 5 horses depending on you for their food and you are so sick you can't drag yourself out to feed them. So, she called me and asked me to feed them. Apparently I'm the only person besides her that can deal with the idjit pony and the new horse. I was quite happy to help, and even stopped at the store for real gingerale (that actually has ginger in it) and crackers and bananas.

I haven't heard from her today, so I'm guessing she's feeling well enough to throw feed at the horses today.

2 comments:

AutumnZ said...

Bay-Bay, donkey balls. OMG!!! Thank you for the afternoon belly laugh!

Give your bay-bay a kissy from me. And the manwhore too. But make that one from you since he feels like his daddy card needs to be pulled.

Ichabod said...

Ha! I have you beat! By the time my oldest was 5, he had been to the ER 6 times for stitches. We have now gone a WHOLE YEAR w/out stitches-- he is 10 and the ER visit/stitch count is 9--somewhere around 20-30 stitches so far..... He is a bit like a bull in a China shop, but is getting better! Bicycle wreck, bouncing a pipe off a column, slipped while being chased, coffee table, couch leg, fell in the yard and cut his hand, other incidents, but the cake taker was putting his arm-up-to-his-elbow through our back door---a memorable event.