Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Xmas Eve and My Doctor is a Dumbass

Two posts for the price of one, yay!

First, it's Xmas Eve! Squeeee! And we have nothing that we have to do. Oh, I'm going over to groom Miss Maggie Moo in a bit, I've got a few presents to wrap, stuff like that. But that's all stuff that is fun. And we might go swimming in a bit. Or not. Maybe we'll just hang around and relax.

Part 2. My doctor is a dumbass. I've never noticed him being a dumbass before, soI was a bit surprised. I guess the last appointment before the staff clears out for the holidays is not a good one to have.
I went in because I've been having joint pain, muscle pain/fatigue, memory problems, muscle cramps and crap like that. It's been going on for months, and gotten markedly worse in the last 6 weeks.
Dr. Google tells me it could be RA, lupus, lyme disease, thyroid problems or fibromyalgia. And, I have a family history of fibromyalgia.

I got told that fibromylagia doesn't run in families (it does, too), that it's a catch all for people in pain that no one can figure out what's wrong with them, fat people have joint problems, etc. WTF?

He did at least ask if I was depressed or stressed out (no to both). Didn't ask if I was sleeping all right, didn't even offer to check thyroid levels until I suggested it. Basically, he did nothing. Needless to say, I'm a little ticked.

I know that for fibromyalgia, there isn't much treatment, but there is for thyroid issues, RA, lupus and lyme disease. They need to be ruled out, or even in. Hell, I almost hope it is my thyroid because then it will be all fixed with a pill. I just don't want to have to take a pill for the rest of my life.

But, he did tell me to come back at my convenience to get my thyroid checked, and I'm going to demand that they check for anemia and some other things, too.

No comments: