Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dinner time at my house

Yesterday as I was surveying the pantry trying to decide what was going to be for dinner, I realized that I had the makings of white bean chicken chili. Yum. I love it. I would love to know how Ruby Tuesday's makes theirs because it is delish and mine is never quite the same. I'm always tinkering with how I make it, too, trying to get it just right.

So, I set out the basic ingredients:















Then I got to chopping and cooking.
Everything in the pan at last and let it simmer for a while. It smelled yummy, of course. Excuse the mess on the stove, it bubbled over a bit.




The result topped with cheese and sour cream like any good chili should be:


The reactions (Ignore the manwhore in the background. He knows he'd better fucking eat what I put in front of him if he wants to stay on my good side, ie get laid ever again. This isn't his favorite meal either.):

Ellie wouldn't even taste it. Feel that disgust coming through the screen?


Emma says she tried it and I think she ate a bite or two. She mostly ate bread.

And the Samster:

He's not so sure about it, but wait....

A clean spoon! He didn't eat an entire bowl, either, but he ate about half of it. He's got a cold, so he's off the hook.

Oh well, more leftovers for me.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ruby Tuesday's is the best! Yum!

Having fun with the new camera, eh?

AutumnZ said...

Makes you wonder why we bother doesn't it?