Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My house is too big.

I've come to this conclusion today. 2000 sq ft for a family of 5, plus 2 dogs and 2 cats. Doesn't sound so huge, does it? Big is relative, though. My house is too big for me to get the entire thing clean all at once and it's driving me crazy. I can't even get the motherfucking kitchen decluttered without someone coming behind me and making a mess. Today I realized that the walls in the kitchen are dirty, the doors are dirty, the door frames are dirty, stuff is dusty. But, I couldn't get into that because I really needed to run the vacuum first. And then I noticed the dirty door frames in the den. The bathroom sink full of toothpaste. The spots on the carpets.

The list is endless and it will never be completely clean unless we move out and start over. And I'ts driving me up a fucking wall these days. Honestly, it hit me today that I am overwhelmed by the dirt and clutter. It's not nasty, CPS is going to take my kids dirt, just needs to be cleaned and decluttered dirt. And I just want to cry. Then I want to send my kids to Nana's for a week and spend the whole time cleaning the entire damned house from top to bottom. Maybe I could get it done in a week.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

ha ha no. . if you sent the kids to Nana's for a week you would enjoy the peace and quiet so much that you would not want to waste that precious time cleaning. ;]