Thursday, January 08, 2009

Mothers

We've all got one. Can't live without her, literally, at least until they manage to grow babies in a test tube.

Don't you just love how they can manage to be so insulting without quite meaning to be?

Case in point, apparently my mom and dad, a cousin and her hubby and aunt and uncle attacked my grandmother's house and cleaned and organized it from top to bottom. I made a comment that I should hire J, the cousin, to come organize my house. I've got clutter, I know this. I admit this. Mother said, "You couldn't hire J. And dear, your kitchen wasn't cluttered, it was dirty."

WTF? It was not. But, I have spent two days this week decluttering and organizing my kitchen. And I'm not done yet. Damned woman.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL. . sorry, didn't mean to get you in trouble. If it makes you feel any better my house is a disaster area right now too. I am sick and don't feel like doing anything which means there is a mountain of dirty laundry and the kitchen is also a disaster, and you can't walk though Maddison's room. It is depressing. lol.

But good job on the kitchen! I would help if I was closer.. haha. And trust me. . I don't think yours could be anywhere as bad as Nanny's was.

AutumnZ said...

What is it about the bleak midwinter that makes us feel we have to do deep cleaning and organization?

I have been in your house and it is not dirty. It's comfortable and there are little people running around everywhere, dragging stuff out.

Did you see the pics of Huck's room on my blog? Lordy mercy! I gave Lina's the same treatment the next day.

Amanda said...

AZ, I can't see your blog anymore. And I miss you! Boohoo! Send me another invite, pretty please!

Jennifer, there is a level of clutter that comes with having three kids that is hard to believe. I used to be not a neat freak, but certainly cleanly and fairly well organized. I cleaned on certain days and did laundry on certain days. Now, I'm just glad when we can see the floors and the bathrooms don't look disgusting.

I did get back at Mother, though, by telling her that the hall bathroom was grody. It was. I cleaned it while we were there. She blamed it on daddy, because he was supposed to clean it and didn't.

AutumnZ said...

http://kitschandgiggles.blogspot.com/

Here I am. You don't need an invite anymore.