Monday, April 09, 2007

Good god, the candy.

When did Easter become like Halloween? I swear we have more candy in the candy bowl now than we did the day after Halloween. Why does chocolate say "Welcome Spring!" or "Welcome back from the dead, Jesus?" Bunnies and chicks and eggs I get. They are fertility symbols and symbols of new life and rebirth, etc. But chocolate? Maybe it's just a convenient medium for making eggs and stuff. lol

Still, I'm taking part in a weight loss challenge on my mommy message board and I can hear chocolate eggs calling me. Eat me! Eat me! But, despite all the eating yesterday and the unhealthy eating on Sat, I am down 2 lbs for the week. Yeah!

Em is laying in the floor having a tantrum because I offered her a pbj instead of a "snack." WTF? We're seriously low on groceries anyway, but I'm going to try and get us through the day so I can go tonight without all the kids with me. Me and 3 kids in the grocery store is a recipe for a stressed out mama.

We put a mattress on the floor of Sam's room so one of us can sleep in there if we can't get him to sleep in his crib and I've had the thought that maybe he will sleep on that by himself for a while and get used to sleeping in there and then we can transition him to his crib or a bed or something. I don't care, just stop waking up 50 times a night, kid!

2 comments:

AutumnZ said...

You know, I think I am a very lucky person regarding Easter candy. I HATE milk chocolate. Yuck. So resisting is not at all difficult. Deep dark bittersweet chocolate weakens all my resolve. But no one makes chocolate bunnies with Godiva :-)

Amanda said...

Yes they do. I bought myself one last year and nibbled on it for about a month. lol I resisted the urge this year, but I do love reese's cups and those little candy coated chocolate eggs. Yum! I shouldn't have bought those, either. lol