Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The results are in.

We met with the dr to go over Em's MRI results this morning. She has a small lesion in the ventrical area of her brain. Dr M said it is something that is commonly seen in very premature babies, which dds were. It was caused by a mild brain bleed, and then the blood calcified. It will always be there, but it won't get any bigger and is nothing to worry about as far as her development from here on out.

Em's upper body strength is fine and her motor skills are actually a little advanced for her age. It is just her lower body gross motor development that is delayed, and since she is improving, we have every reason to think she will catch up, eventually.

So, while no one likes to know that their child has something wrong with their brain, it is what we were expecting and hoping for, so it is good news. Even if she is never as physically capable as she could have been, that's ok. She can be in the band, or on the math team. lol


And now for a funny story. We went to church on Easter with my brother and his family. I swear the roof was creaking as myself, my mother, father, and aunt were all there and we aren't church goers at all. As we were leaving one of the elders was giving out Easter eggs to the kids. My nephews took theirs and went outside. I went out a few minutes later, and A was chasing C around. C had taken A's candy apparently. A yells at C, quiet clearly "Give it back, douchbag!" rofl
I was seriously about to die trying to keep from laughing. This is the same child who has chided me for saying the word Hell where he could hear. It seems he heard douchbag from his oldest brother, M, who is 17, and A didn't know what it meant. He looked like he wanted to crawl into a hole when I told him it was something that some women use to wash their vagina. roflmao

Good times, I'm telling you what. lol

1 comment:

AutumnZ said...

Not that I am a doctor, but I knew your sweet baby was fine!. As for the above post, just sit on the couch and take it easy. You will be miserable if you don't.
And thanks for the comment about my ass :-)