Monday, August 18, 2008

Don't read the poem

Today is the girls' first day of "real" kindergarten. Emma was very excited and even Elli was ok with it and seemed excited once she got there. They have one girl from their kindergarten readiness glass last year in class with them this year, so they were happy to see her. Sam wasn't happy to leave them there, but he will be starting preschool in a few weeks and probably protesting that.

I must say, I didn't cry or even feel sad. That is, until I got home and opened the little letter the teacher sent home for the parents. I didn't even read it all, but it started off with something about how I've had them for 5 years and blah blah she'll love them like her own, blah blah. Then I cried. Damned poem. So, when you're kids go off to school, don't read the poem, unless you feel the need for a good cry.

1 comment:

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Oh I'm so bad. I was still dancing the jig when she got home that first day! I think I'll dance for months when #2 is finally in k-garden. Another year for her before she can even go to preschool. Where she can be exposed to the other 7 strains of hand/foot/mouth disease.

Jody W.