Sunday, August 03, 2008

Well, crap-a-doodle

Crap-a-doodle doesn't really describe the sinking feeling I got in my stomach when I open the mailbox and saw an envelope from the company that the manwhore interviewed with a few weeks ago. He really, really wanted that job, and I really wanted him to get it. If nothing else, the fact that it was only like 2 miles away from our house would have saved us money at the gas station.

Of course, you only get a letter when they are informing you that they've hired someone else. He hasn't really talked about it, but I think he had already given up hope anyway. I wasn't feeling terribly optimistic either, but I was really holding on to a little sliver of hope for him.

Alas, it was not to be, I suppose. Doesn't make me any less pissed at the universe that it didn't arrange things the way I wanted them.

1 comment:

Maritzia said...

Yeah, I know how that feels. I've been tempted to just "accidentally" put the letter in the recycling before he sees it.

It's funny, I can deal with my own disappointments much better than I can deal with his. And I think the opposite is also true.