Friday, February 08, 2008

Another end has come

The lovely lady that wrote the blog in my sidebar, 50 Tries, has died. She was diagnosed with breast cancer when her daughter was only 9 months old. Her daughter is now 6.

I knew her as Kamic. I don't even remember how she came to Sybermoms, but she posted regularly for a while, when her disease was in remission. She posted much less frequently in recent years, with her last post being sometime last fall. Still, she was a member of our community and she will be vastly missed.

We have in the past lost a husband (I believe to cancer), a child to a drunk driver, several babies to various complications, but so far as I know, we have never lost one of us, a Sybermom. It is heartbreaking that Kamic was the first. She was a brave woman, who fought her battle with cancer with courage and grace. I hope she is at peace, and I hope her family finds healing and peace.

No comments: