Tuesday, February 26, 2008

So, it seems my inlaws don't like me.

Let me start with the little disclaimer that I'm pretty pissed and hurt right now, and this is my blog and I'm going to spout off. If someone reads this and gets her feelings hurt, I apologize.

Anyway, while I was gone to the retreat, the manwhore took the kids to see his parents. We haven't laid eyes on them since XMas and have only spoken to them on the phone once or twice. While they were there, father-in-law (FIL) proceeds to tell Bill all about how he thinks that I am ungrateful and self-centered and that he doesn't like me, and according to him, mother-in-law and sister-in-law (MIL and SIL) don't like me either.

According to him, I acted like a bitch at Xmas, hurt MIL's feelings and after we left, she cried and they all sat around and talked about how much they don't like me.

I freely admit that I was rather terse when we left because I was pissed at SIL. Bill was, too. Apparently she was so stressed out that she couldn't deal with our kids for more than 24 hrs, so she asked us to leave.

When we left, we thought their parents knew this. And from what FIL has said, she never told them that we left because she asked us to.

But, she was all stressed out over her dissertation and her job and blah blah blah. Yep, I'm being a big old heartless bitch, now. It was Xmas, she could have sucked it up, slapped a smile on her face and drank a bottle of wine or two. She isn't the only person in the family dealing with a lot of stress right now.

Bill is pretty fucking miserable in his job and no one really cares or knows. His dad actually told him back before Xmas that it didn't matter how unhappy he is, that he should just suck it up and stay with TSC, because they pay well.

Now, since I'm all pissed off and all, I'm going to come out and say I don't like FIL very much, myself. I think he has a flaming case of asshole-itis, and needs to get the fuck over himself. But, I suck it up and slap a smile on my face and act pleasant around him, even when he's throwing a temper tantrum to end all temper tantrums, a la my 2 yr old.

So, where will all of this end? Right now, it ends here. I will not be going up there. My children will not be going up there, and the in-laws are not welcome in my house. Bill can go, but he says he won't go without me. They could all drop dead, and I'm not too sure I would care. I would only because Bill and the kids would.

When things settle down for Bill and SIL, he and I want to sit down with the five of us, in a counselor's office and see if things can't be put right. If not, when the kids are old enough to drive, they can make the choice to have or not have a relationship with their grandparents. Until then, they won't be seeing them.

And let me reiterate, I'm mad. I'm really, really mad right now. In a week, I might not think this way. But right now I do, and I'm not going to stuff my feelings about it. If any possible readers don't like it, they can go suck it.

No comments: