Monday, February 11, 2008

Marriage is a wonderful thing

Even when it is just everyday life, it is still wonderful. Why, you ask? Well, let me tell you. My friend D is single and involved with this guy, J. Only, they are really more like friends with benefits, but she wants to be more, and she gets all giggly when she talks about him. He has a tendency not to call, and then not know why she's upset, and she's in love, and should she tell him, etc, etc. Listening to her talk about it, it makes me really fucking glad I don't ever have to deal with that again. (Because I'll kill him before I divorce him, and he knows this fact.)

When you are married, you don't have to worry about him not calling for 2 weeks. You don't have to fret over saying I love you. Its just easier. Oh sure, marriage is a lot of work, and sometimes it sucks and you wish you had a cast iron skillet handy, but honest to god, it is a hell of a lot easier than being single and dating.

Never again, I swear. And I'm so grateful for that fact.

No comments: