Monday, November 10, 2008

A chip off the old block

Or, in this case, a chip off the young tooth. Ellie somehow hit her mouth on the side of the pool last Thur night and chipped about 1/3 of one of her incisors off. It's a baby tooth, but still, it's a pretty dramatic chip. She kept claiming that it didn't hurt. Not really. She can just eat on the other side of her mouth. Uh-huh. Doesn't hurt? Yeah right. But last night she actually asked for some advil.

Since our dentist isn't open on Friday, I called this AM to see if they could get Ellie in to look at the tooth. We have an appointment at 3PM. I don't even know what they can do for her, but since it's hurting, we'll go see.

Dentists are notorious for charging an arm and a leg and insurance not covering crap. So, cross your fingers that maybe they'll only charge us an arm.

1 comment:

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Oh, I dunno -- if I had to pick an arm OR a leg, I might pick leg.

Jody