Friday, November 14, 2008

Wow, I'm going to be doing some letter writing

Well, email probably.

And clearly I need to make it a point to watch the news and read the local papers more often. We got a letter home from school yesterday from the principal apologizing for the "humor" column he wrote last week in the paper for the next town over.

Here, go read it:
http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=13866

When I went and Googled the paper's webite, the link to that article was the 2nd hit to come up. Clearly he has stirred up people in the community with his lame attempt at humor.

Let me say first that I am always for freedom of speech and freedom of thought. I could care less who the man voted for. But he is a position of authority over my children and even if he doesn't consider himself a racist asshole, that is clearly how he comes across in his column.

And not only that, he looks like an idiot, too.

Points to consider:

1. If you go outside of the 2 "metro" areas of our county, it is pretty much nothing but farmland.

2. There are kids from immigrant families in our school. Kids whose parents struggle to speak English at all, much less with an accent. Besides that, why would you mock a man for his accent if you thought his ideas for running the government were good?

3. It doesn't matter how black or how white Obama's parents are. He is the only person that hasn't been a pasty white rich old man (barring Kennedy who wasn't old) to have been elected President of the U.S. That is historic.

4. And that song at the end is just over the top.

Yep, I may be late to this bandwagon, but he'll be hearing from me sometime today after I calm down enough not to use words like asshole, dickwad, fuckhead and just plain ingnorant.

No comments: